Lab Gruppen FP 2600 High Tech in professional amplification
High-tech in professional amplification!
The fP 2600 is a lightweight and space-saving power amplifier, ideal for use in high quality touring sound systems as well as in demanding permanent installations.
The latest semiconductor technology is utilized in the new ferrite Power (fP) amplifiers. This, together with Lab.gruppen’s proprietary copper cooling system, Intercooler®, enhances the 2 ohms capacity. Two easily accessible dust filters on the front ensure a clean front-to-rear airflow.
A new Bi-phase wiring scheme also increases the capacity of the switch mode power supply. This extends the power bandwidth in the low end.
* 2 x 430 watts @ 8 Ω
2 x 840 watts @ 4 Ω
2 x 1200 watts @ 2 Ω
(Measured just below clip level, with both channels driven)
* Light weight and compact: only 8 kg (18 lbs), 2U high
* MLS™ Switch: Lab.gruppen’s unique power matching for different loads
* Replaces the LAB 1600
* Multiple positions gain switch
* Easily accessible dust filters
* Improved low-end power bandwidth
* Link connector with XLR-type connector
* Extruded front panel for increased stability
* Bridged mono outputs in one SpeakOn connector
Besides the traditionally superb Lab.gruppen sonic performance, there is a full line of features to make the fP family functional in all situations from installation to high performance live sound systems:
Regulated switch mode power supply
Today there are many lightweight, switch-mode amplifiers in the market. However, the unique Lab.gruppen switch-mode power supply technology offers a number of essential advantages that make it superior to other and seemingly similar power supply designs. The most important features are the
regulated power supply and the extreme power efficiency. The regulated power supply easily deals with a very high variation in the AC mains voltage: it can drop by up to 20% below its nominal level - e.g. to 180 V instead of 230 V – without any problem. Perhaps even greater benefits result from the extreme efficiency of Lab.gruppen amplifiers: only a fraction of the energy from the AC mains is turned into heat.
A regulated power supply also presents some other sonic advantages, such as better cone control and the same fast response as a conventional power supply.
Multiple positions Gain switch
To meet the demands for a flexible gain structure in the system, Lab.gruppen offers a multiple position gain switch. The maximum amplifier gain can be set to all industry standards: 20, 23, 26, 29, 32, 35, 38 and 41 dB.
Sophisticated protection circuitry, combining:
* ALS™ short circuit protection; the Adaptive Limiting System permits very high peak currents, but keeps the amplifier within the Safe Operation Area.
* DC protection; protects against infrasonic signals
* VHF protection; protects the loudspeakers against strong very high frequency non-musical signals above the audible range
* Thermal protection; prevents the amplifier from being overheated. The protection indicators on the front panel are switched on, as a warning, before the protection process is initiated
* AC protection; shuts down the power supply if the line voltage is outside the operating voltage
* Clip limiter; prevents severely clipped waveforms from reaching the loudspeakers, whilst maintaining full peak power
|We provide great low prices for professional audio video and lighting for churches and stage From bose speakers to Yamaha digital mixers|
• Sale Items • Amp Comparison • Mixer Shoot Out •